Thursday, November 19, 2015

25 Christmas Gifts for the Women in Your Life (Part 1)

Last year I made a Holiday Season Gift Guide with the 10 best gifts for women.  However, I published it on December 18th.  My husband, the sweet procrastinator that he is was very grateful for the list for ideas, but pointed out that some of those ideas take more time than he had left until Christmas.  So this year I am getting a jump on it!  I know its not even Thanksgiving yet, but my goal this year is to have all our presents at least picked out, if not ordered, by December 1st so I can just enjoy the holiday season with my family.

Speaking of family, my mother-in-law should be given some credit for this post as my in laws have requested Christmas lists for each of us (Aaron, myself, and Delilah the Dog).  So I have decided to create gift lists for each category: husband, wife, pup.  We don't have kiddos yet so sorry, I have no insight for that demographic :/



As you can see, I have also boosted my list from 10 items to 25.  There might be some overlap from last year...hubby take note...because there are just some CLASSIC gifts that if she doesn't already have it, always make good gifts.  Ok, lets get into it!

25. Pre-paid Manicures

Ok manicures are a simple way to make her feel pampered.  I always feel fancier and more elegant when my nails are done.  Depending on what your lady prefers (gel, acrylic, regular polish, designs, etc) the price can range, but typically a traditional manicure is $12-18 with the gel/acrylic manicures in the $28-35.  What would be really amazing would be a year of pre-paid manicures.  Depending on your budget that could be once a month, once every other month, or once a quarter.



24. Lilly Pulitzer Day Planner

Last year my mother in law bought me a fantastic present that I love, a Lilly Pulitzer Day Planner!  It is one of my favorite things!  So this is something I would like to have as a re-occurring yearly gift, so I am sure many other women would too!  These planners are AMAZING!  They are bright, keep me organized, and have stickers!  They come in multiple sizes to fit whatever your needs are.  The planners have both month view and weekly views, it lists all federal holidays (and days that new Lilly collections come out).  My favorite thing about this planner is the lay out, they lay complete flat, have important dates listed, reminder lists, and STICKERS!!!!



23. Erin Condren Wedding Planner

Along with day planners, a wedding planner is the perfect thing for an engaged woman in your life!  The holidays are a popular time for engagements so this make a great Christmas or engagement present.  BOOM!  Double whammy!  Erin Condren's planners are really cool.  They can be personalized for 1 or 2 year engagements and you can pick the month you want them to start.  They, like the Lilly planners, have stickers!  Can you tell I like stickers?  Erin offers the ability to personalize the stickers too!  What bride doesn't want personalized stickers?!?!?!?!  It is a great planner because it keeps all your receipts, budget info, fabric swatches, and details in one place.  It also has tips and tricks from brides and a timeline check list.  I almost wish I could be engaged again to have one of these...ALMOST.  I'll settle for sending these to my engaged girlfriends.


22. "Mrs" Kate Spade Earrings

I bought a couple sets of these for a girlfriend who recently got married and I was instantly jealous that I didn't buy some for myself in the process.  They are cute and nice to wear either for nice nights out (anniversaries, date nights, etc) or for every day wear.  They can easily be dressed up or down.  They come in both silver and gold, and you can get the matching necklace to go with it too!


21. Grown Up Coloring Books

I LOVE to color!  I love coloring books of all kinds.  Recently, Target and Michaels have started selling grown up coloring books.  They have lots of different versions for your choosing!  All of which are stress relieving patterns!  I may have a lot of time to color now, but not all people do.  The great thing about coloring is that it can be a mindless activity that you do while you're talking to your spouse unwinding at the end of the day.  My husband loves to buy me coloring books...thank you, thank you, thank you!



20. Starbucks Cards

I am a Starbucks addict.  Like in Texas, my barista at my favorite Starbucks knew my name, hubby's name, my home decor plans, all the details during our wedding planning phase, etc.  She was amazing...man I miss Angie.  Since moving to Georgia, Aaron and I are budgeting and learning to live on one income while I am job searching...which mean bye bye Starbucks.  So I am ALL about Starbucks cards.  Feeding my addiction with wonderful gifts that will be certainly put to good use.



19.  Weekend Romantic Getaway

Whether we stay in town or go out of town, a weekend away from the hustle and bustle of normal life is just what every woman wants.  I love time when we can hit the pause button and relax together.  I enjoy reading, prayer journaling, listening to music, snuggling with my man, and exploring new places.  If you're tight on cash have an unplugged weekend at home.  Turn your phones off and avoid social media...it'll be a refreshing time that you can reconnect.  If you can afford to, its always good to find a new place to explore.  Find somewhere that is only a short drive from home and search on AirBnB or Homeaway or even Groupon for deals.


18.  Bath Bombs AND 17.  Bubble Bath AND 16. Bath Salts

Most women love a good bubble bath after a long day, whether thats taking care of kids, at work, or cleaning the house.  Its a rejuvenating way to unwind, have some quiet time, read a book, drink a glass of wine, and have some "me" time.  Bath bombs will make her skin soft and who doesn't love that they fizz.  In a good alternative, bubble bath is the most relaxing, fluffy, godsend.  Hubby swears by bath salts too.  He probably would kill me for posting that he loves his epsom salts, but he's taught me about the best scents to get.  A good basket of the three would be an amazing gift.

However, NO MORE LOTIONS!  If the woman in your life is anything like me, she has a TON of lotions either purchased by her or for her.  I have quite the collection so I am all set on lotion.



15.  Personalized Cutting Board

Another wedding present I gave that I wish I had for myself is a personalized cutting board.  They come in lots of varieties, styles, colors, shapes, etc.  You can even get them in the shape of a state.  Check it out for your girl.  They are great to display or use daily.




14.  Designer Watch

My go to names are Michael Kors and Kate Spade.  You can't go wrong with either.  I am dreaming of a "grown up" watch so I can take a break from my hot pink digital timex and be a real adult.  Lately I've been in gold trend but there are other options: gold, rose gold, silver.




13.  Hair Tie Bracelet

Hair tie bracelets are all the rage on pinterest right now.  A woman on the go ALWAYS always ALWAYS has a hair tie with her...just in case.  But what ruins a fancy outfit more than a hair band on your wrist?  There's a new bracelet with a groove around it that fits a hair tie perfectly!  Now you can keep your emergency band AND look good in whatever you're wearing.




12.  Sexy Something Else...

Ok ok this one isn't JUST for her her ;)  Its for the one who gets to see her in it too.  But we've all heard the old joke about a married couple's lack of excitement in the boudoir, but what is a better way to spice it up than getting her a new outfit?  The shopping for this one is best done carefully.  You can go about it a few different ways...1. Take her with you.  Shopping for lingerie as husband and wife can be fun...and can be good flirting.  2. Ask her what she likes.  You can also see what is on her pinterest or what she has circled in the Victoria's Secret catalogue.  3.  Get her best friend to do some digging.  A woman and her best friend have no secrets.  One thing you want to make sure of...make sure whatever you get her is something that SHE FEELS SEXY IN!  Not necessarily something you think she looks best in but what she feels best in.  The sexier she feels, the better off you are!  Double points if its red!


11.  Items to assist with their hobbies.

Hobbies are what keep us women going when the weeks seem so long that there is no end in sight.  Our hobbies are our lives.  They are the light and the end of the tunnel.  Unfortunately I can't make it super easy because I don't know what the women in your life are into, but here are some hobbies that women tend to like (or at least I like) which may help you: scrapbooking, photography, carpentry, refinishing furniture, sewing, and swimming.  Something that would be a good present for these (in order): stamps or stickers (scrapbooking), camera or lenses or props (photography), power tools (carpentry), sturdy old dresser (refinishing furniture), fabric or dress form or pattern (sewing), and monogrammed towel (swimming).

Obviously other women will have other interests but find out what she does in her own time and start listening in to see if she's been wanting something special or making do with a lower quality item.

10.  Cricut Machine

This one kinda goes along with #12 but a cricut machine is so awesome it deserves its own category.  Cricut machines are like electronic die cutting machines with endless possibilities that can cut all kinds of materials.  They have a few different models each with their own "starter kits".  What I want is the Cricut Explore Machine + Everything Starter Set.



For items 1-9 stay tuned for part 2 coming later this week!  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment